2010年7月15日 星期四

What do you want most in a friend? 托福谈交友

TOEFL TWE Topic:

What do you want most in a friend? Someone who is intelligent, or someone who has a sense of humor, or someone who is reliable? Which one of these characterisitics is most important to you? Use reasons and specific examples to explain your choice.


Sample Essay: by englishcomposition@hotmail.com



A reliable friend is hard to find and is therefore more valuable. Neither intelligence nor a sense of humor can be as important as being reliable, when it comes to choosing a friend or friends. However, I think I love company of people of mixed characteristics, not having many experiences in life. It is yet to be found who among others is trust-worthy in the long run.

Not that someone who is intelligent is not reliable. Nor someone who has a sense of humor is far from reliable. Being friends is mostly a result of circumstances without having to analyze such
major characteristics beforehand. As far as I can understand, little is known about the logic of what friendship is made of. But I would like to believe a friend worthy of trust finally stands out as very desirable, being very few.

It is human to be different in kinds. Friends are many a thing. They are made rather than born for each other. What I want most in a friend is the feeling of mutual trust. Everything is considered said and done. That sort of feeling is like no other. In view of this, intelligence and a sense of humor are secondary.

I hope that reliability endures like love. Life is more beautiful with love and trust. And I cannot help enjoying humors as the best medicine to make light of the stress and pain of everyday life. I also need intelligent advice to solve the puzzle of problems facing me. More than that, I want the support of friends I trust.

沒有留言:

張貼留言